Internship - Business & Legal Affairs
Description of Department
The business & legal affairs department oversees all aspects of production and development legal issues for Shine America.
This is a full-time internship and is located in the Los Angeles office.
Current projects and tasks that will be assigned to the intern:
Work alongside the Business & Legal Affairs team on a variety of day to day production and development matters, conduct special legal research on various legal issues, and draft a variety of entertainment related agreements and correspondence for the department. All of the assignments will provide intern with a broad exposure to inner workings of the legal team and will provide the opportunity to develop legal/office/communication skills.
Broad exposure to business & legal affairs development and production will give this intern the opportunity to gain a number of skills that will help them obtain valuable and transferrable entertainment industry experience, including:
- Knowledge of the entertainment industry and legal needs which arise in scripted, unscripted and digital programming.
- Office and communication skills -- including phone experience, using software systems and computer programs for a variety of tasks and applications.
- Legal skills – drafting deal memos and agreements, understanding deal points, structure of agreements
- An understanding of the relationships between various departments when developing a television show and their contributions to successful programming.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with set deadlines.
- Handle a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be a self-starter and team player.
- Know Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Business phone skills helpful.
- Must be a current law student enrolled in an ABA accredited law school, who have completed at least one year of law school and have completed or are currently enrolled in entertainment law coursework.
To apply, submit coverletter and resume to [email protected]. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of the email.