Internship - Music
Description of Department
The Music Department oversees the music selection and music development for Shine America programming, and coordinates licensing and negotiations for rights to music used within productions.
This is a part-time internship is located in the Los Angeles office.
Current projects and tasks that will be assigned to the intern:
Provide general assistance for music department including, but not limited to, database entry, filing, research, and spread sheet data entry. Also, intern will assist with production delivery materials as well as building and maintaining a database of music submissions for consideration in programming. All of the assignments will provide intern with a broad exposure to the TV production process through the lens of music supervision and will provide the opportunity to develop office/communication skills.
Broad exposure to music supervision and television production will give this intern the opportunity to gain a number of skills that will help them obtain valuable and transferrable entertainment industry experience, including:
- Knowledge of the music industry and television production.
- Office and communication skills -- including using software systems and computer programs for a variety of tasks and applications.
- An understanding of the relationships between various departments when developing a television show and their contributions to successful programming.
- A comprehensive understanding of how music is utilized in television production
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with set deadlines
- Handle a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Must be a self-starter and team player
- Know Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Business phone skills helpful
- Access to a car a plus but not required
To apply, submit coverletter and resume to [email protected] Please indicate the position title in the subject line of the email.