Internship - Scripted
Description of Department
The scripted department oversees all aspects of development and production for Shine America Scripted programming.
This is a part-time internship and is located in the Los Angeles office.
Current projects and tasks that will be assigned to the intern:
Provide general assistance for scripted team including, but not limited to, answering & logging phone calls, rolling calls, database entry, filing, photocopying, research, spread sheet data entry, and runs. Also, intern will read scripts, write coverage, learn how to put together production schedules and provide feedback for casting. All of the assignments will provide intern with a broad exposure to inner workings of scripted television development and production and will provide the opportunity to develop office/communication skills.
Broad exposure scripted television development and production will give this intern the opportunity to gain a number of skills that will help them obtain valuable and transferrable entertainment industry experience, including:
- Knowledge of the entertainment industry and television production needs.
- Office and communication skills -- including phone experience, using software systems and computer programs for a variety of tasks and applications.
- An understanding of the relationships between various departments when developing a television show and their contributions to successful programming.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with set deadlines
- Handle a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Must be a self-starter and team player
- Know Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Business phone skills helpful
- Access to a car a plus but not required
To apply, submit coverletter and resume to [email protected]. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of the email.