Shine America is in need of a freelance Production Manager. This position will report to the Director of Production and the VPs of Production. The Production Manager will be an integral part of the Production team and will wear multiple hats.
- Several years experience in the entertainment industry. Previous experience in unscripted television production a must.
- Superb written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter, have strong motivational skills and demonstrate ability to work with and without supervision.
- Ability to multi-task while prioritizing projects and time as needed
- Excellent organizational and detail-oriented skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Computer literacy and database aptitude a must, knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel preferred
- General knowledge of camera/audio/lighting gear
- Production office and on set experience required
- Calendar wizard (iCal, BusyCal)
- Familiar with Budgeting Software (Movie Magic) is a plus.
- Booking crews nationwide
- Manage Equipment/Storage Inventory
- Organize internal shoots including scheduling and logistics
- Coordinating crew and travel when necessary
- Paperwork Genius (POs, Check requests, Deal Memos, Call sheets, permit applications, etc.)
- Must be extremely knowledgeable in excel and word
- Assist on presentations and pilots
- Assist format team at Shine Network on show deliverables
- Managing credits database
- Resourceful and proactive
- Assisting the VPs on all production related matters
- Background Check point person
- Insurance application point person
- Production Hires (making sure the correct paperwork goes out and that hire information is disseminated to all departments)
- Updating Production Guidelines and other internal documents as needed
- Negotiating deals as necessary
- General union knowledge
- Solid crew base
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and note the job title in the subject line of the email.