Vice President, Rights, Clearances & Legal Management
This position will act as lead clearance supervisor and head of the production legal processes for Shine America productions. The candidate shall field clearance-related questions from television shows and the Shine America team, consult production legal counsel as needed, advise productions on all matters related to script and creative clearances and manage the day-to-day non-attorney legal matters involved in the production of television programming. Areas of oversight include intellectual property matters, location agreements, clip/stock footage licensing, product placement and other matters arising out of the operations of a busy production group. This role is seen as a partner with productions and shall be available for questions and problem-solving, attend tapings/production meetings where necessary and/or appropriate.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Manage a team of two to three additional clearance professionals (a Clearance Supervisor and a Clearance Coordinator) and oversee day-to-day production legal work of a dedicated production counsel.
- Source assets from various departments and production personnel to enable proper show delivery to networks and to international partners, if applicable.
- Oversee the distribution, negotiation and execution of all location, equipment, vendor and facility agreements on all productions.
- Manage the process of reviewing and analyzing scripts and creative materials for legal process issues.
- Regularly meet face-to-face with productions to ensure compliance with clearance and legal policies and procedures. Conduct production staff and/or participant briefings where necessary and/or appropriate.
- Oversee and review all requests for clips and negotiate and draft clip license agreements.
- Set up workflows, digital drop boxes and release apps for productions and production teams; manage these central digital libraries for each production.
- Manage vendor relations for all third party photo and video libraries.
- Coordinate all insurance matters for Productions.
- Ensure that integration and tradeout opportunities are properly fulfilled and tracked.
- Source for all requests for materials and information from other parts of Shine Group.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 8 years’ experience in clearance and production management-type issues required.
- Established background in production legal and clearance/rights management.
- Strong managerial and organizational skills.
- Strong creative and collaborative skills.
- Ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and work well under pressure.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and MAC iOS.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected].